Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lottie

When Lottie first came to us, she had kennel cough and that stemmed into pneumonia.  We almost lost her, but thankfully by Thanksgiving of 2008, she was bouncing back.  She liked the fact that I would stay in with her while she was sick.  She then stayed with me when I had come home from having my gall bladder removed.  She would not let me out of her sight.  She followed me everywhere, even to the bathroom, just to make sure that I got there ok.
I need to back up a little and say that at Christmas of 2008, my mother-in-law to be got the dogs bandanas to wear and we took a picture of Lottie and she was mad, she sat with her ears jacked up and a mad look on her face.  From then on she was nicknamed Miss Prissy.
Life with Lottie can be interesting, one never knows what would cause her to strike.  She gets jealous of watching another dog play with me.  I've broken up quite a few fights, some she has started and some the other dog has started.
Her and Dottie like to stick their paw on the top of my hand as if to say I love you.  Sometimes they will shake hands.  These dogs get so excited to see me that their little stubs wag.  Some of the dogs have their tails docked.  That is because certain breeds have shorter tails.
Lottie is my sweet one, when she sees me going up the steps into the trailer, she will jump up on me and give me a kiss before she will allow me to go in.


No comments:

Post a Comment